The Total Performance Evaluation program (TPE) helps producers realize value for every dairy producer. It is a package designed to work within the framework of any management program. It integrates performance, functional type, program service discounts and benefits and genetic information all into one program.
This year, breeders can sign up for TPE online and pay via credit card by filling out this form.
Take a moment and read about the many benefits TPE can provide for your Guernsey operation:
TYPE TRAITS APPRAISAL
• One Herd classification is included every year. The classification schedule is on a seven month rotation providing the opportunity for a second classification within the calendar year. The second classification of an individual cow within the same year is optional at discounted rate of $7 per cow.
• Appraisers leave a complete score, breakdown and remarks for each cow scored with the herd owner on the day of appraisal.
• Appraisal of first, second and third-lactation cows and cows that have not been scored twice is included.
• Overage cows will be charged $9 per cow.
• Post-appraisal summary of individual traits.
• Actively contribute to the breed’s genetic evaluations for type appraisal included at one location per TPE sign-up. If cows are located at a second location for appraisal, a second herd fee will be charged.
DISCOUNTS ON AGA SERVICES
• Substantial discounts on registrations of $5 per registration for animals registered under 6 mos. An additional $3 may be saved per registration if the animal is registered under 3 mos.
• TPE herds will receive a complimentary pedigree on each animal registered under 3 mos. of age.
• 305 and 365 day DHIR records plus 305 day DHI records are automatically included on pedigrees and eligible for national awards and other recognition programs. Breeders may submit 365 day DHI records to the AGA for inclusion on pedigrees at no additional cost.
• Publication of all lactations 130% above breed average.
• Two annual herd lactation summaries.
• Complimentary USDA/AGA sire summaries 3x per year.
• Semi-annual predicted transmitting ability report on milking herd.
• Publication of the high ranking herds for Cow Performance Index (CPI) herd average.
• TPE members receive a $100 credit to use on an ad in the Guernsey Breeders’ Journal, half-page or larger, in one of the 10 issues throughout the year.
• TPE members will receive one free online subscription to the Guernsey Breeders’ Journal.